AV (audiovisual) equipment is the unsung hero of many moving speeches, striking presentations, and many other events we’ve all born witness to.
What is AV Equipment?
AV equipment encompasses electronic media equipment and devices that include both an audio and visual component. These items are important to events that feature live performances, music, presentations, etc.
Most events require at the least the basic audiovisual equipment— with the term varying from venue to venue. Each event venue has different dimensions and crowd sizes, so it’s important to consider what your AV needs might be when planning an event.
Appropriate AV equipment can easily elevate a presentation or event with the use of sleek technology, adding a level of quality and professionalism
Audiovisual Equipment List
To give you a general start, here is a basic AV checklist you might want to consider for your event(s):
- Microphones — wireless or wired, floor or table stands?
- Existing lighting— is it adjustable in every room? Do you need extra lights?
- Existing sound system— does it suffice on its own? Or do you need to provide extra audio systems?
- Portable sound system— will you need this? Or does the venue provide a sufficient one?
- Mixer board(s)— how many do you need?
- Video cameras— how many do you need?
- Podium— will it be necessary? How many? With or without microphone(s)?
- Screens— how many? What size(s)? What kind?